Thursday 5 February 2009

Why I cycle

I feel I should rationalise myself.
So I shall try to explain a little.

Why I cycle...

Is it because I am tight and it works out cheaper than the tube.
I could also say it is to keep fit and stay trim.
I could say it is because I enjoy it.
& I could say it is because I love the beauty of a bicycle, my bicycle, any bicycle.

In actual fact it is all of these and many more. I have always loved cycling. I cycled everywhere when I was younger and it seems the logical solution now. I do love it though. I get cranky if I can't cycle for very long and it wakes me up in the morning, makes me more productive.

The beauty of the bicycle, now that's a bit pretentious but it is kind of true. I took this photograph 6 years ago, because there are many parts of a bicycle that are simply sublime (and now I sound like an idiot). But I love my bike, I have had many stolen and it feels like a wound, like grief rather than just a possession gone.

Anyway, I cycle because I love it. That is basically it, but there seem to be many people in the world than are trying to stop me. Not directly, but if they carry on the way they are, then it will stop me. But thats too grim and not for now.

T.A.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment